Measure N: Parcel Tax
Millbrae School District provides quality education to over 2,400 elementary and middle school students. Thanks to strong academic programs in math, science, reading and writing, as well as highly qualified teachers, student test scores are well above the State’s standard for excellence.
Our district, however, is among the lowest funded school districts in San Mateo County. A dedicated source of local funding supports 21st-century instruction in science, technology, engineering and math that prepares children to excel in high school and college and to compete in the global economy.
LOCAL FUNDING WITH MEASURE N
Measure N costs $97 per parcel and generates approximately $700,000 per year, from 2019-2023, for our schools. Measure N will:
- Maintain 21st-century, hands-on science labs, technology, engineering and math instruction
- Attract and retain qualified teachers
- Strengthen reading and writing programs
- Restore art and music programs
- Provide classroom computers and instructional technology
MANDATORY FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- All funds are locally controlled, stay here in our Millbrae schools and can not be taken away by the State
- None of the money could be used to increase administrator salaries or benefits
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee and audits ensure that all funds are spent properly
- Senior citizen homeowners are eligible for an exemption from the cost of the measure