Requests for promotional flyer distribution (electronic only) through the Millbrae Elementary School District (MESD) must be submitted to the District for review and approval. Flyers must meet all established requirements of the MESD in alignment with Board Policy 1325. The District will consider the educational value of the materials or advertisements and whether the materials or advertisements support the basic educational mission of the MESD.
All flyers to be distributed from a Millbrae community group or local non-profit organization must:
- Support the district’s educational mission
- Directly benefit students or be of intrinsic value to district students and/or parents/guardians
- Not directly conflict with District programs
- Contain the group’s name, contact information, and Federal Tax Identification Number
- Include the following disclaimer:
“This program is not sponsored by the Millbrae Elementary School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.”
Criteria for Approval:
The Millbrae Elementary School District shall not accept for distribution any materials or advertisements that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, non-nutritious foods and beverages, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy
- Distribute unsolicited merchandise for which an ensuing payment is requested
The Millbrae Elementary School District reserves the right to refuse requests for flyer distribution. Please allow at least one week for your request to be reviewed. If all criteria above is met and your flyer has been approved, you will be notified accordingly and the District will inform our school administration when a flyer has been approved for electronic distribution.
If you have any questions, please contact Angela Smith, Executive Assistant to the CBO/Risk Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.