UNIFORM COMPLAINT PROCEDURES (UCP)
ANNUAL NOTICE 2023-2024
The Millbrae Elementary School District annually notifies our students, employees, parents or guardians of its students, the district advisory committee, school advisory committees, appropriate private school officials, and other interested parties of our Uniform Complaint Procedures (UCP) process.
The UCP Annual Notice is available on our website.
We are primarily responsible for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, including those related to unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying against any protected group, and all programs and activities that are subject to the UCP.
Programs and Activities Subject to the UCP
- Accommodations for Pregnant and Parenting Pupils
- Adult Education
- After School Education and Safety
- Agricultural Career Technical Education
- Career Technical and Technical Education and Career Technical and Technical Training Programs
- Child Care and Development Programs
- Compensatory Education
- Consolidated Categorical Aid Programs
- Course Periods without Educational Content
- Discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying against any protected group as identified under sections 200 and 220 and Section 11135 of the Government Code, including any actual or perceived characteristic as set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, in any program or activity conducted by an educational institution, as defined in Section 210.3, that is funded directly by, or that receives or benefits from, any state financial assistance.
- Educational and graduation requirements for pupils in foster care, pupils who are homeless, pupils from military families and pupils formerly in Juvenile Court now enrolled in a school district
- Every Student Succeeds Act
- Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAP)
- Migrant Education
- Physical Education Instructional Minutes
- Pupil Fees
- Reasonable Accommodations to a Lactating Pupil
- Regional Occupational Centers and Programs
- School Plans for Student Achievement
- School Safety Plans
- School Site Councils
- State Preschool
- State Preschool Health and Safety Issues in LEAs Exempt from Licensing
And any other state or federal educational program the State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI) of the California Department of Education (CDE) or designee deems appropriate.
Filing a UCP Complaint
A UCP complaint shall be filed no later than one year from the date the alleged violation occurred.|
For complaints relating to Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAP), the date of the alleged violation is the date when the reviewing authority approves the LCAP or annual update that was adopted by our agency.
A pupil enrolled in any of our public schools shall not be required to pay a pupil fee for participation in an educational activity.
A pupil fee complaint may be filed with the principal of a school or our superintendent or their designee.|
A pupil fee or LCAP complaint may be filed anonymously, that is, without an identifying signature, if the complainant provides evidence or information leading to evidence to support an allegation of noncompliance.|
Responsibilities of the Millbrae Elementary School District
We shall post a standardized notice, in addition to this notice, with educational and graduation requirements for pupils in foster care, pupils who are homeless, pupils from military families and pupils formerly in Juvenile Court now enrolled in a school district.
We advise complainants of the opportunity to appeal an Investigation Report of complaints regarding programs within the scope of the UCP to the Department of Education (CDE).
We advise complainants of civil law remedies, including injunctions, restraining orders, or other remedies or orders that may be available under state or federal discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying laws, if applicable.
Copies of our UCP procedures shall be available free of charge.|
Complaints within the scope of the UCP are to be filed with the person responsible for processing complaints:
Director of Educational and Administrative Services
555 Richmond Drive, Millbrae, CA 94030
(650) 697-5693 ext. 021
The above contact is knowledgeable about the laws and programs that they are assigned to investigate in the Millbrae Elementary School District.