Homework for Room 15
Assignment for the Week of 10/24/11 due on Fri. Please staple both math and spelling homework together.
- Write each word three times; 2. Put your words in ABC order; and 3. Write sentences using your spelling words. One sentence can include more than one spelling word. Please use the binder paper that was sent home for homework.
Group 1: (long vowel a) name same blame save brave face place snake wake
skate base chase
Group 2: (long e sound) eve Steve Swede Chinese Japanese Maltese Portuguese
Group 3: (diphthongs oi and oy) oil broil coil embroidery boy toy foyer
Halloween Words for all three groups: parade monster skeleton disguise
Math: Ch. 7(Lessons 1-4 including the word problems on the back page, the rest optional)
Please tear out only the pages assigned for this week, and staple math pages and spelling homework together.
Announcements for Parents
- Items still needed for the party: sliced cheese, salami, and candies for Bingo
- Please email me or send a note with your child if you would like to send any of the items named above.
- Halloween parade at 8:30am (Please send your child to school in his or her costume); party following the parade; and dismissal at 2:30pm as usual
- Performance Indicators (Grades): “4” for Consistently performing at a high level , or 100-93% ; “3” for meeting standard , or 92-74%; “2” for Making progress but not meeting standards, or 73-60% ; and “I” for Showing minimal success, or 59%-1%
- Remaining Field Trip Date for the Fall:
Nov. 10 CuriOdyssey, Coyote Point in San Mateo (Science)