Homework for Room 15
Assignment for the Week of 9/26/11 due on Fri. Please return all homework in the Ziploc bag provided. If the Ziploc bag gets lost, please feel free to use your home supply of the gallon-sized plastic bags.
- Write each word three times; 2. Put your words in ABC order; and 3. Write sentences using your spelling words. One sentence can include more than one spelling word. Please use the binder paper that was sent home for homework.
Group 1: than that them then these think bath both with there
Group 2: make take came lame ate late read* snake pancakes bake
Group 3: see tree sleep meet green out agree creep his fun
High Frequency Words for all three groups: both call can’t
Math: Ch. 23(Lessons 1-4 including the word problems on the back page, the rest optional)
Please tear out only the pages assigned for this week . Please put the pages in order, staple them, and send to school along with the spelling homework in the Ziploc bag provided
Announcements for Parents
- Math facts packet for addition, subtraction and multiplication were sent home last week for practice at home. Please keep the packet at home and make copies as needed. We have a ten-minute timed test of math facts three to four times a week.
- Performance Indicators (Grades): “4” for Consistently performing at a high level , or 100-93% ; “3” for meeting standard , or 92-74%; “2” for Making progress but not meeting standards, or 73-60% ; and “I” for Showing minimal success, or 59%-1%
- Field Trip Dates for the Fall: Drivers needed
Oct. 4 Cantor Museum, Stanford University (Art)—Forms due by Wednesday!
Oct. 6 Millbrae Library—Forms due by Wednesday
Oct. 12 Lemos Farm in Half Moon Bay (Social Studies)
Nov. 10 CuriOdyssey, Coyote Point in San Mateo (Science)
- Coming soon: Poetry Coffee House and Reader’s Theater are performance events in the classroom designed to develop fluency in reading. Story Village, a new event this year, helps to improve retelling skills and involve multiple intelligences.