Dear Parents and Guardians of the Millbrae School District,
Our Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Draft has been posted for public view. Please navigate Millbrae’s LCAP Page HERE .
The LCAP is the new plan that all school districts in California must submit and have approved by the Board of Education each June along with the multi-year projected budgets. The LCAP and the multi-year budgets are due to the County Office of Education for approval by June 30th. Basically, the LCAP is a plan that describes how a school district will meet the eight priorities identified by the State.
- Williams Legislation (Textbooks, facilities and highly qualified teachers in classrooms the first 30 days of school)
- Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Parent Involvement (Efforts to seek parent involvement, promotion of parental participation, school atmosphere, feeling welcome, etc.)
- Pupil Achievement (Performance on standardized tests, scores on Academic Performance Index (API), share of students who are college- and career-ready, percentage of English proficient English Learners (ELs), EL reclassification rate)
- Pupil Engagement (Attendance, suspensions, anti-bullying programs)
- School Climate (School safety, student discipline, student suspension rate, expulsion rate, student support, academic preparation and school leadership)
- College & Career Readiness (Access to and enrollment in all state and locally required courses)
- Pupil Outcomes (Grades, formative assessments, exams or other student performance measures)
Parent Information Meetings were held at each school site to describe what these eight priorities look like and allowed parents to ask questions and make suggestions accordingly.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014, 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Meadows Elementary School
Thursday, March 6, 2014, 5:30 – 7:00 pm at Green Hills Elementary School
Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 6:00 – 7:30 pm at Lomita Park Elementary School
Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Taylor Middle School
Thursday, April 3, 2014, 6:00 - 7:30 pm at Spring Valley School
If you were unable to attend our LCAP Parent Meetings, a Parent Input Form link can be found on Millbrae’s LCAP Page.
Linda C. Luna