Please share these guidelines with all members of your family and any other person responsible for transporting your children to and from school. Thank you for your full cooperation in observing all of these guidelines.
Helen Drive (Front of the School)
- Please drop off and pick up students in the zone designated by the white painted curb in front of the school near the marquee. Students may also be dropped off in the circular driveway adjacent to the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Please refrain from making U-turns in front of the school, blocking driveways or driving on sidewalks.
School Parking Lot
- The parking lot accommodates two lanes of one-way traffic as indicated below. Please pull forward before dropping off children.
- The drop-off lanes in the parking lot are for “kiss and go” drop-off.
- If you will need an extended amount of time to drop off your child(ren), please find an appropriate place to park.
- There are parking spots for people with disabilities adjacent to the MPR and on Helen Drive. These spaces are designated with the persons with disabilities signs.
- Volunteers and/or staff are on duty 15 minutes before school and after dismissal. Please be respectful and follow their directions so traffic moves in an orderly fashion and children are kept safe.
Walking/Rolling to and from School
Drop-off and pick-up vehicle traffic can move quite slowly at times. While this frustrates some drivers, the slow pace of traffic promotes safety for pedestrians and cyclists. If you are driving, please exercise patience, keep an eye out for children and families who are crossing and follow the directions of the crossing guard, staff and volunteers. Because traffic can back up Larkspur, many families park on Larkspur and walk to school. This is a great was to start the day!
For those who are walking and rolling to school:
- Pedestrians should walk on sidewalks and paths. Please avoid walking in gardens as a sign of respect to our neighbors and please avoid walking in the street for safety reasons.
- There is a crossing guard located at the intersection of Mosswood and Helen to assist with safe crossing, and there is often a volunteer crossing guard at the intersection of Banbury and Helen to facilitate safe crossings as well.
- Follow the directions of the crossing guard.
- Before crossing, make eye contact with drivers to make sure they see you.
- When crossing, cross in groups to increase visibility and to facilitate efficient pedestrian and vehicle flow at intersections.
- Bikes and Scooters must be walked in crosswalks and on school grounds.
- All student riders must wear a helmet when riding. Students who ride to school without a helmet will not be allowed to ride home unless a helmet is provided.